- Children and Parents
If you are a parent or legal guardian of a young child (i.e., a child under the age of 13), we urge you to supervise and participate in your child’s use of this App. From time to time this App may offer certain activities, features or events where user registration is needed to participate. To protect the online privacy of children under the age of 13, we may require parents/legal guardians to register in order for their kids to participate in such activities, events, or features, or we may require prior verifiable parental consent before giving children access to such features in compliance with COPPA. Alternatively, in accordance with COPPA’s one-time-use exception, we may allow anyone to participate in certain activities by providing only an email address and a first name (if allowable) and we will use that information to contact the user once only in connection with his/her participation in the applicable activity, feature or event, and will thereafter delete the information from our database.
If we were to collect and store personal information from children for ongoing use, we would give parents the ability to review such data or request that we delete or stop collecting or using such data. When applicable, parents can use the contact information provided at the bottom of this policy to make such requests.
To learn more about COPPA, please refer to this simple one-page informational guide from the kidSAFE Seal Program.
- Notice to California Residents – Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (known as the "shine the light" law), California residents have a right to request an information-sharing disclosure from a business to which they have provided personal information and which has disclosed the information to any third party for third-party direct marketing uses in the prior calendar year.
We do not knowingly share your personal information with third parties for direct marketing uses, except with your opt-in consent. To make a request for information-sharing disclosure under this law, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that, under this law, we are not required to respond to your request more than once in a calendar year, nor are we required to respond to any requests that are not sent to the above-designated email address.
Please note that we do not share personal information collected from children with independent third parties for marketing purposes.
- Do Not Track (DNT) Disclosure
This App does not currently respond to "Do Not Track" signals of web browsers. However, should the industry establish uniform technological standards for recognizing and implementing "Do Not Track" signals, we would be open to following such industry standards.
- What Information We May Collect
We may collect the following types of information from and about users on this App:
- • Personally Identifiable Information or "PII": This is information that identifies you personally, such as your first and last name, email address, and phone number. We do not collect PII from you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. You may access most areas of this App without providing PII to us, but from time to time this App may include areas where user registration is needed to access certain features or participate in certain activities or events. We ask for and collect your PII when you register in one of such areas or when you contact us to make a request or inquiry (each, an "Identification Activity"). Whether or not to disclose PII is completely your choice. However, without providing PII you will not be able to engage in or complete an Identification Activity with us. If PII is requested/collected from children, we will first obtain verifiable parental consent before collecting or storing such information, unless we are exempt from doing so under COPPA.
- • NOTE: To the extent we use UAI in a manner that identifies a user individually (e.g., if we link or associate such information with a specific user’s computer or mobile device), such information will be treated as PII. Otherwise, UAI will be treated as AAI.
- What We Do With the Information
The following describes how we may use users’ information (including PII) collected on this App:
- • To provide, operate, manage, maintain and improve this App: This includes using PII to enable, administer and manage users’ Identification Activities.
- • To share with our service providers: We use third-party service providers to assist us with this App’s operation, hosting, maintenance, security, etc. and they may need to access our users’ PII in order to perform tasks for us. We require that our service providers limit their use of our users’ PII solely to providing services to this App and that they safeguard such information and not make unauthorized use or disclosure of the information.
- Information Access, Retention and Choice
- • Information Access: :If you have provided PII to us on this App and you wish to view or update your information in our database, please Contact Us.
- • Data Retention: By engaging in an Identification Activity on this App, you acknowledge and agree that we may retain the information (including PII) provided by you in our database for as long as you continue to use this App or we have legitimate business need to store such information. We also reserve the right to retain the information as necessary to comply with law or legal process (including a court order or subpoena), to cooperate with law enforcement (including investigation of an alleged or suspected crime, fraud or other illegal activity), to complete a pending transaction, to resolve a claim or dispute, and/or to enforce an applicable agreement between you and us.
Because of its non-personally-identifiable nature, AAI(including UAI that is not personally identifiable) may be retained indefinitely.
- • Promotional Email Opt-Out: To opt out of receiving marketing/promotional emails from us on a going-forward basis, please Contact Us or use the "unsubscribe" link provided in a marketing/promotional email you previously received from us.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
To manage Adobe Local Shared Objects (also known as LSOs or Flash cookies), please visit http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html. We may also use "web beacons" (also known as "clear GIFs", "pixel tags", etc.) – which are small bits of code embedded in web pages or in emails – to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited a web page, and to understand usage patterns. We may include web beacons in emails to help us recognize activities such as when an email was opened, how many times an email was forwarded, which links in the email were clicked on, etc. Web beacons cannot be declined when delivered via a regular web page. However, web beacons can be refused when delivered via email. If you do not wish to receive web beacons via email, you will need to disable HTML images or refuse HTML (select Text only) emails via your email software.
We use commercially reasonable measures to safeguard the security of this App and our users’information, including limiting access to our users’ information to only those of our employees, agents, contractors and service providers who need to access such information in order to perform tasks for us, and we require that they not make any unauthorized use or disclosure of the information. However, despite these efforts, no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure and, therefore, we and our service vendor cannot guarantee the absolute security of our users’ account information. We will endeavor to notify our users if and to the extent required by law, in the event we become aware of a breach or suspected breach of the security of this App that affects our users’ account information. However, you understand and acknowledge that we are not liable for any breach of security resulting from causes or events that are beyond our control, including, without limitation, your own act or omission, corruption of storage media, defects in third-party data security products or services, power failures, natural phenomena, riots, acts of vandalism, hacking, sabotage, or terrorism. By providing your email address to us, you acknowledge and agree that we may notify you via email regarding an actual or suspected security breach.
To contact us, please use the information below:
• LEVEL-5 abby Inc.
• 1620 26th St. Santa Monica, CA 90404
• Tel: 424-214-7110
• Fax: 424-214-7100
• Email: email@example.com